Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pardon my Enthusiasm! - Emily (Corpse Bride)

I think of enthusiasm as the opposite of coolness and adolescence is a turning point for this. - Adam Savage

True dat.

I was thinking about this earlier today. As previously mentioned, I am socially awkward a lot of the time. And I'm pretty darn okay with it, because that awkwardness comes from enthusiasm, intellectualism, being engaged, not putting limits on my experience of the moment and being honest about my reactions.

And then, I stumbled upon this quote on The Glass Is Too Big, and I experienced a brief moment of synchronicitous love.

Go out. Be enthusiastic. Being cool is lame. Have you ever met someone you absolutely loved who was cool and apathetic? Because I can't think of one. Passion is so much more interesting than some film of controlled nonchalance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment