Monday, June 6, 2011

Manifested Destiny - #15

Format: 10-item project
Goal: Manifest stuff
Goal met? Of course. Quite nicely, too.

So here's what happened:I'm doing this because I need a refresher. I need to be reminded that I can manifest stuff, that I do have some control over the events in my life (as well as how I respond to them), and that there is a higher flow to things, even if I've been washed up on the sidelines lately.

Over the course of the next however-many days (starting today, May 29), I will manifest 10 items, which are free to appear to me in any pleasing form.

  1. Butterfly: manifested 5/30/11 on a toe ring (see below) while going through old jewelry.
  2. Feather: manifested 6/1/11 on the ground and a bunch more later when I saw a molting crow who sat and looked at me for a while. 
  3. Watermelon: manifested 5/30/11 in friend's Facebook status: "Nothin like waking up at 3 in the afternoon and eating watermelon for breaky :)" and again on 6/1/11 and 6/2/11 in the grocery store and in a weekly circular. 
  4. Elephant: manifested 6/1/1 when I followed a link on one of my favorite forums and saw this listed among the options, and on 6/2/11 when someone played this video in class. 
  5. Tiger: manifested 6/5/11 in a conversation with my rockin' brother. 
  6. Exotic fruit: manifested 5/31/11 when a bunch of mangoes like I've never seen showed up in my Bountiful Basket. 
  7. Motorcycle: manifested 6/1/11 when I crossed between two motorcycles in a crosswalk. 
  8. Clown: manifested 6/3/11 at this completely awesome website. This one's a scary clown, which is a shame (I love clowns) but the website itself... that guy is my hero. Interestingly, I manifested two circus references before the clown showed up. 
  9. Italy: manifested 6/2/11 in the form of an article request on Italian culture. 
  10. Toe ring: manifested 5/30/11 while going through old jewelry (which I did after I consciously forgot this was on my list). Especially odd becuase I thought I'd lost it, and because it was given to me by a friend who is into manifesting and Law of Attraction. 
June 4
It's been less than a week, and I've manifested 9 out of 10 things on this list. Some were easier than others--butterflies and watermelon are stalking me now--but others were harder.

The clown's been difficult because I mentally stipulated that it would only make the list if I didn't actively go after it, so, despite lots of exposure to clowns and Cirque du Soleil (I'm obsessed with the music from Alegria right now), I only counted it when it showed up on its own.

The tiger remains elusive, and I suspect this is because I have a definite block there. The tiger is a symbol for a situation that I feel conflicted about right now, and I think that sense of conflict is keeping it from me. On that note, the clown was representative of a situation I was indecisive about, if not conflicted. So... indecision is a small block and ambivalence is a large one? Very enlightening development, this.

June 5
Tiger appeared! My brother mentioned one twice in a conversation with my roommate and I. This was cool, because 1) my brother is awesome, 2) my roommate is awesome, and 3) they're both very honest, chill people, which is exactly the vibe I need when it comes to the symbolic tiger situation.

Booyah.

Try this:Set the intention to manifest something small. It helps if it's something you feel positively or neutral about, with no traces of anxiety. Common, simple objects are best--consider a feather, a red door, a small white dog, etc. Decide that it will appear in your life in some form (or politely ask the universe to provide it for you) and then sit back and wait until the object shows up.

This exercise is simple, but it's great at reminding you of the power of the law of attraction and/or your own subconscious (however you personally believe this works).

Coming Soon...
I have no idea.

In Other News... People are terribly nice. :)

In Other Other News: Rawr.

2 comments:

Troy or Beth said...

In reference to what I just wrote to you on FB... DO you REALLY have control of your life! I'm going to have to do this after getting in the zone to write you all that!

Anonymous said...

I like the chill molting crow, lol. And the stalking butterflies would be creepy if they weren't so cool. Brings to mind the little sphinxes in 'Mirror Mask'-- "Don't let them see you're afraid!"

But sweet job on the manifesting! :D
~k

Post a Comment