Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Truth or (is) Dare

My favorite PostSecret this week:


Such a good idea. And so, so, so intimidating. It's tempting to say all that significant stuff anonymously -- I think that was one of those fads that went around Myspace back when people used Myspace -- but that also defeats the purpose, which is connection, not merely catharsis.

There's also the issue of forcing this on people. The idea of taking connections to a deeper level sounds great in theory, but in practice, you may end up seriously stepping on some toes. (It's sort of like how not everybody likes hugs. Heck, I don't like hugs from the wrong people, and I'm a hugger. You don't want to force this kind of thing where it'll be unwelcome.)

So am I going to do this? Maybe. Not today. But if and when I do, I'll keep you posted. Till then... it's something to think about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment