Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Personal Development Recommended Reading

Found two articles this week that gave me that "zing!" that lets me know I've hit on something truthful. Both beautiful and important... Check them out.

Top Five Regrets of the Dying (Link goes to the cached version; main site seems to be down.)
Lovely, meaningful article that echoes and condenses a lot of the best advice I've ever heard. Lining up quite well with my re-read of Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck, which is one of my favorite personal development books. Both worth checking out.


I'm Christian, Unless You're Gay
And this is just flat-up important. And made me cry. And by Dan Pearce, whose blog is awesome. “Oh, but you’re not gay? You’re clean, and well dressed, and you have a job? You look the way I think you should look? You act the way I think you should act? You believe the things I think you should believe? Then I’m definitely a Christian. To you, today, I’m a Christian. You’ve earned it.” I hear that implied statement way too much, and this article does a beautiful job of addressing the problem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment