Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Update!

Hi, friends. I'm back, after a long hiatus. I shan't bore you with excuses.

This is one of my happy places. It has nothing to
do with anything, which seemed like good enough
reason to put it here.
Quick updates on life and personal development: 

1. The rice... get this... still looks like it does in the last update. I find this totally crazy and awesome and get a huge kick out of walking by the rice and seeing it just like it was months ago. So cool. Our thoughts are powerful.

2. I have a boyfriend. (I know. Weird.) He's amazing. Like, really, very, incredibly, wonderfully amazing. I don't know if it'll last (major differences in beliefs and me being looney tunes and all that), but either way, it's been a beautiful experience and has taught me a lot. More than I wanted to be taught in some cases... but I think that's what I'm secretly after. And anyway, it's all worth it if it means having him in my life. Not to get sappy or anything. (If this does look like it's going to last a while, I'll definitely be doing some bloggy experiments dealing with the relationship. Not on him, of course -- I try to keep my guinea pigging to myself -- but on me and all my weird, irrational views regarding commitment and relationships. Because, seriously, they're messed up.)
Midsommer pic! Best day of the year... And one of many
reasons I've been so royally failing to update.  Totally worth it. ;)

3. I'm graduating college in about two months. The only way I can think of to sum that up is !!!!!!!!!!!?! !!!!!!!!! !!!! !! ?!?!?!?!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! ??? ....... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if I'm more excited, scared, or relieved at the prospect, but my feelings are full of a lot of unnecessary punctuation. I have no idea what's coming next but it's going to be great.

4. This whole being-an-official-grownup-in-two-months thing has done a serious number on my optimism and ambition. I've gotten all stressed about paying bills and making wise career choices and stuff. What is that? Time to recapture that beautiful bubble where the universe takes care of me. Stay tuned for updates.

1 comments:

AggieMay said...

So glad you are living life. Don't worry too much about the bills--they usually send you reminders :)And who gets their first job out of college and make THAT their career? Not many people. You've got to find the right fit and that may take a while and things might surprise you along the way so just do what you do best- live with no regrets :) Love ya! Best o' luck on all fronts.

Post a Comment